Ca’ d”Zan (located in Sarasota, Florida), meaning the House of John in a Venetian dialect — the winter residence of John and Mable Ringling.
John Ringling(1866–1936) owned the Ringling Brothers Circus; he also invested in oil, ranching, railroads, and real estate, becoming one of the richest men in America.
The Ringling mansion was built in 1924 and completed by the end of 1926, cost $1.5 million to construct, approximately $20.9 million today.
The back of his mansion faces the beautiful ocean view.
John Ringling was a night person because of his Circus business. He had his breakfast lat in the morning, and his breakfast menu was 6 eggs and a piece of steak or ham. He often ordered his breakfast to be served on his boat.
A glimpse of inside the mansion (taken with iPhone 6):
When the stock market crash of 1929 and the ensuing Great Depression, John Ringling lost his fortune, but was able to retain his home, the museum and his extensive art collection. He died with only $311 in the bank.