Birth of Books
- Paper was invented by the ancient Chinese in about 105 C.E (Han Dynast) and spread slowly to the west via the Silk Road.
- The earliest woodblock printed fragments were from China, before 220 AD.
- Between 1041 and 1048, the first known movable type system was created out of porcelain in Bi Sheng. (Source: the wood printing in wikipedia)
- Block printing was used in Christian Europe as a method for printing on cloth, where it was common by 1300. At around 1400, paper became relatively available.
- Johannes Gutenberg, Mainz in Germany, developed European movable type printing technology in 1439. Gutenberg was also credited with the introduction of an oil-based ink. — Source: Wikipedia “History of Printing“
- December 2004 Google signaled an extension to its Google Print initiative known as the Google Print Library Project , then announced partnerships with several high-profile university and public libraries
- First generation Kindle was on the market on November 19, 2007, for $399.
Now we can publish and share photos, stories, poems, information, knowledge… anytime, anywhere with anyone 🙂 Thanks to WP!
Have a great week 🙂